Requirements for South Korean regular visa
General requirements for visa applications
- A valid passport and a copy of the passport (6 months validity rule)
- A visa application form duly completed for all applicants.
- 1 passport-size photo (3.5 “x 4.5” in color) for the visa application form.
- Price: $40 (single entry, less than 90 days), $60 (single entry, more than 90 days), $90 (multiple entries). Fees may vary depending on your country.
Processing time: 10 working days minimum after receipt of all required documents
Six-month validity rule: This means that your passport must be valid for at least six months before you are allowed to enter Korea.
Additional documents required for different visa status
This includes Mission order, certificate of function, or official letter from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs certifying the status of the diplomat. A diplomatic passport is required.
A-2 Official Mission
Temporary mission order, certificate of function or official letter from the Minister for Foreign Affairs certifying his status (a clear statement stating that he/she is on official mission must be included in the letter). The official passport or card identification (professional card) is required.
Mission order, certificate of function or official letter from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs certifying his status (a clear statement stating that he/she is on official mission must be included in the letter)
The official passport or the identification (professional card) is required.
- Spouse: a copy of marriage certificate
- Child: a copy of the birth certificate
C-1 Temporary Media Coverage
This includes certificate of function, or copy of international press.
C-3 Short Term Visit
Participation in various events: Meetings, Tourism etc.
- Documents proving the purpose of the stay
- Documents proving and presenting the meeting
- Documents relating to the creation of the institution hosting the meeting (a copy of the register, of the company)
- Documents relating to the guest (card identity, certificate of function)
- Documents relating to routes, tickets, bank statements, and addresses in South Korea.
C-4 Temporary employment
This visa is for temporary entertainment or advertising/modeling.
- If the applicants are willing to interpret, following the performance regulations.
- The performance recommendation letter from the quality films committee.
- Performance plan
Those who wish to perform in a hotel or place of entertainment other than those described in article 1 of the code on the promotion of tourism.
- The performance recommendation letter from the quality films committee
- Performance plan
- Qualification or career certificate
- Employment contract
- Letter of recommendation
- A copy of the commercial register of the organization
D-1 Cultural Arts
- Invitation letter
- Documents proving the existence of the organization of culture and art
- Curriculum Vitae
- Documents proving the capacity to pay all expenses during the stay
D-2 Study Abroad
Persons wishing to study at a high level (license, master, doctorate)
- Korean school register
- Letter of admission (issued by the dean of the university) specifying the educational and financial situation of the applicant.
- Certificate of last academic achievement (Diploma or official and original transcripts sealed)
- Original bank statement (13,000 USD per year)
People wishing to undertake specific studies
- Korean school register
- A certificate of the last academic achievement
- Reference or originals of the documents which prove the financial means.
- (Reference not applicable for adopted children who had Korean nationality at birth)
D-4 General Training
Those who study Korean at a Korean school attached to a university.
- Copy of Korean school register
- Tuition fee payment
- Graduation certificate or registration certificate
- – Financial document (bank statement, over $ 3000 (USD) or one payment or exchange certificate)
A secondment mandate, a certificate of function
- A license to set up a branch and agency or financial documents of a branch and agency.
D-6 Religious Affairs
- A secondment mandate
- A copy of the permit for the foundation of a religious body or social assistance organization
- Documents which prove the financial support of their organization
D-7 Transfer of an Inter-Supervisory Company
- A shipping mandate and a certificate of function
- A copy of the branch or the installation permit of the liaison office
- Documents proving the goodwill, import register or a copy of the business plan
- Situation annual tax
D-8 Business investment
- A shipping mandate or a certificate of function
- A foreign investment report (a copy of the trade register) or a copy of the company’s investment registration